Sydneytango milongas
Welcome, Guest User  Click to Login 
Lack of afternoon/day time milongas and practicas
I find there's a distinct lack of day-time weekend tango events. It seems the whole tango scene is heavily biased towards the nocturnal "vampire" lifestyle. Unfortunaterly it's not possible for everyone to dance so late at night due to family and work commitments. No way that after getting up at 5.30-6am each day I'm inclined to turn up at the venue after 9-10pm, way past my bed time. It's very frustrating because I'd like to dance but not at the hour which is past my bed time after a busy stressful day. It would be nice to hold more afternoon or early evening milongas. Or even perhaps starting 1-2 hours earlier at the existing milongas? I'm sure there will be a better diversity of people there then who are not part of regular tango scene because of the hours. 
Milonga organisers please hear my plight!

Re: Lack of afternoon/day time milongas and practicas
On a similar theme, I am wondering if any readers who work in the Sydney CBD might like to come together for an hour dancing at lunch time?
There are a few places we could rent for an hour and just pass a pleasant time dancing..

You rang???

Sure. Why not.

- Lurch

That's a great idea, it'll be such a good de-stresser during a work slog. Count me IN please. I'm near Town Hall. :) Let me know more details please....

Originally posted by verve

On a similar theme, I am wondering if any readers who work in the Sydney CBD might like to come together for an hour dancing at lunch time?
There are a few places we could rent for an hour and just pass a pleasant time dancing..

Facebook logo on sidebar
Viva Magazine sidebar
Opinion poll
Should milongas allow table reservations?

Newsletter
Register to the site for free, and subscribe to the weekly newsletter