Sydneytango milongas
Welcome, Guest User  Click to Login 
LINE OF DANCE
I attended three milongas this weekend, the organizers had gone to a lot of trouble to ensure a grate atmosphere, the DJ's demonstrated their hard earned skills,
but there were those hellbent on destroying the evening. Like drunken disrespectfull teenagers they charged all over the floor, freequently diving into the line of dance causing mayhem.
Floor craft is basic to ensure a good milonga.
How can we educate these rampaging mavericks so everyone can enjoy their evening?

Re: LINE OF DANCE

um, I hope you’re not referring to me??!!

But for every rampaging maverick there are also garrulous conversationalists holding up the start, a blinkered bumbler looking everywhere except where he is supposed to be looking, and a stiletto slasher with personal space issues to be avoided!

Sigh. What to do??

POLICE! That's it! We should give the DJ a yellow card, a red card and an INFRINGEMENTS RECORD BOOK. Oh and maybe record the milonga on video so we can have the video referee!

YESSSSS!

- Lurch

-- 28/07/2014 5:00:09 PM: post edited by Moderator.

Organisers need to take more responsibility for ensuring the dance floor is safe for everyone. I was very impressed by the smooth circulation of dancers at the Eton milonga in England that I attended a couple of weeks ago. When I mentioned my appreciation to the organiser there, he told me that while it took him some time to achieve this, it was because he would always have a quiet word to any person misbehaving.

To ALL milonga providers, thank you for your dedication.
 Are you aware that a number of dancers persistently dive in and out of the line of dance?
As you know this would not be tolerated in Buenos Aires
Is it something you tolerate at your milonga?

Facebook logo on sidebar
Viva Magazine sidebar
Opinion poll
Should milongas allow table reservations?

Newsletter
Register to the site for free, and subscribe to the weekly newsletter